'It's as if some motorcycle God took all the best that Australia has to offer and consolidated it into one thrilling location.'
ESCAPE WITH US & EXPLORE THE BEST OF TASMANIA, ABOVE & BELOW!
Departing Friday 23rd February, returning Saturday 2nd March 2024
Tasmania’s roads might easily have been designed by a motorcyclist.
Wherever you ride, there are inviting stretches curling into the mountains or wrapping around beaches.
Join us for an amazing adventure, as we head west to east across the 'Apple Isle' and explore some of Australia's most historic towns, dive into some amazing sea caves shared with a great group of like minded adventurers.
Tasmania’s west coast is motorcycle heaven, with the often empty highways wriggling between World Heritage-listed mountains in seemingly endless sweeps.
With more than 4,850 km of coastline and 45,000 ha of marine reserves, the clear coastal waters of Tasmania offer some of the best temperate diving in the world.
The Tasmanian peninsula has a large number of enormous sea caverns, tunnels and canyons, particularly in the Waterfall Bay area, where the caverns are easily accessible even for novice divers. Cathedral Cave is the largest sea cave system in Australia, with a massive entrance extending back into smaller caverns and narrow tunnels.
The cool water temperatures and Antarctic current fill the water with plenty of food for all sorts of underwater life. None are more impressive than the invertebrates that cover deep sea walls. One of the most famous is the Yellow Zoanthid which can completely cover seawalls for as far as the eye can see. You'll also find massive schools of cool water fish as well as gigantic sponges in the depths. You’ll come across a wide range of marine life including seahorses, seadragons, octopus, cuttlefish, crayfish and abalone.
Day 1 - Depart Canberra, arrive Geelong and board Spirit of Tasmania for a 930pm sail.
Day 2 - Arrive Tasmania. Traveling to Strahan via some of the west coasts best twisty scenic roads. Tonight we wine and dine on a Gordon river cruise.
Day 3 - Depart Strahan and head to Hobart.
Day 4 - Today is your day off, and time to explore the sites of Hobart and surrounds.
Day 5 - Depart Hobart to Eaglehawk Neck, dive day at Cathedral Caves ( Aust. largest sea cave system ) . Dinner at Port Arthur followed by a lantern lit Ghost Tour of the old historic site.
Day 6 - Depart Port Arthur to Swansea.
Day 7 - Today we dive Governor Island Marine Reserve, Bicheno. One of the best temperate diving locations in Australia. We travel north, to St Helens after today's dives.
Day 8 - Depart St Helens to Devonport and board the Spirit of Tasmania for 930pm sail.
Day 9 - Time to make our way back to Canberra.
- Support vehicle, we carry all your gear!
- 8 nights accommodation, dble/twin share
- 2 nights accommodation onboard Spirit of Tasmania ferry
- Travel from Melbourne to Tasmania via Spirit of Tasmania, return
- Cost of motorcycle transfer onboard Spirit of Tasmania
- All meals (excluding meals whilst onboard Spirit of Tasmania & in Hobart)
- Ghost night tour in Port Arthur
- Gordon River Ferry dinner cruise in Strahan
- 2 boat dives in Tasmania, Eaglehawk neck
- 2 boat dives in Bicheno
- Tanks and weights
What you need to supply:
- Your own motorcycle, gear and fuel
- Dive gear, you can hire from us if required
- BCD, Regs & dive computer
- Wetsuit or drysuit
- Safety marker buoy
- Option 1: Rider, diver - twin/dble share land, twin/dble share on ferry - $3495
- Option 2: Rider, non-diver - twin/dble share land, twin/dble share on ferry - $3000
- Single share accommodation, land and ferry - extra $1000
We only have space for 16 divers, so book asap if you are keen!
***We recommend that you have travel insurance for these trips.