Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During three scuba dives, you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
Down there, if it's just you, it takes additional training.
- Must be a PADI Advanced or equivalent with another organisation
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Learn solo dive planning, organization or equipment, procedures, techniques and hazards
- 4 training dives
- Gain experience and skills under the direct, professional supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Overnight accommodation
- All air fills and tanks
- Hire gear for course – full kit – $65.00
You will need to have:
- Mask, snorkel, boots, fins, gloves, safety marker buoy, knife