The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It’s a perfect setup for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Apeks are known for their rugged, military grade engineering and super-smooth breathing experience in regulators. The MTX-RC single cylinder set follows this, and enables you to dive your way.
The whole Apeks MTX-R Range has freeze-resistant technology, helping prevent free flows in even the coldest temperatures. These, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breath in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Features and Benefits
The package includes 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages, 1 x MTX-RC first stage, 1x 2.1m hose, 1x 49cm hose (both double swivel hoses), a HP hose and a TEK SPG.Includes 2x stainless steel bolt snaps, 1 bungee necklace, and a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
The MTX-RC first stage has been designed to provide optimum cold-water performance from its satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs, to the innovative over moulded first stage endcap and environmental diaphragm. It helps to prevent ice build-up that can cause free flowing of a first stage in extreme weather circumstances. These features also protect the first stage from impact damage. The diaphragm design provides an over-balancing feature. This allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient, resulting in superior performance at depth.
The first stage has 5x medium pressure ports (4 of which are mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation), and 2 angled high pressure ports. These ports allow for optimal hose routing and fitting of air pressure transmitters. It has a double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort while diving, and an easy to grip DIN hand-wheel, or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel which require only one hand to release. Tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
1st Stage Specifications:
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
The MTRX-RC second stage has a patented heat exchanger. This aids in dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion, while drawing the warmth of ambient water for a more comfortable breathing experience. The second stages feature protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impact or scratches. They have an easy-to-use venturi lever, and oversized breathing effort adjuster to make adjustments even if wearing gloves. The second stages are reversible, to enable a left hand or right-hand gas supply configuration. This is ideal for if later upgrading to a twinset.
These regs come with a diver-changeable exhaust system. This means the diver can change from a small exhaust tee to a larger tee, depending on preference and configuration. This set is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees. The set also comes with a flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold-water performance than rubber. They have a large purge button and come with a comfo-bite mouthpiece.
2nd Stage Specifications:
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left- or right-hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold-water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single use plastic in the packaging