The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
Down there, it’s different. It takes additional training. Here’s where you get it.
- Must be a PADI Advanced or equivalent with another organisation
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Experience diving beyond 18 metres
- Learn deep dive planning, organization or equipment, procedures, techniques and hazards
- 4 great boat dives
- Gain experience and skills under the direct, professional supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
- 2 nights accommodation
- All air fills
- Hire gear for course – full kit – $65.00
You will need to have:
- Dive torch
- Mask, snorkel, boots, fins, gloves, safety stop buoy, knife