Become a Tec diver & learn from Canberra's most experienced dive centre!
Canberra's only PADI TecRec Center
'When one tank isn't enough!'
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
To enroll in the Tec 40 course, you must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- A PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
- 2 days of theory including all PADI TECREC material
- 1 day in-pool training
- Cylinder hire and all air fills
- 1 weekend south coast
- 2 shore dives
- 2 boat dives
- overnight accommodation at Batemans Bay
- PADI Tec40 certification on completion
Not included on course:
- Any mixed gases
- Your own dive equipment
- Transport to and from the coast
- Food whilst on course
Theory session #1 - TBA
Pool training session - TBA
Theory session #2 - TBA
Open water tec training dives - TBA